Here is a checklist of a number of the common gem stones and find out how to clean them.
1. Turquoise ? this gemstone has a chalky texture and is considered fragile. This gemstone ought to have a separate box to prevent chipping and scratching. By no means handle it roughly. Avoid immersing it in water as a result of it negatively reacts with chemicals. The surface may be wiped utilizing a smooth and damp cloth. Don’t use jewellery dips or even ultrasonic cleaners.
2. Lapis Lazuli ? similar to turquoise, this gemstone is definitely chipped. It should be stored separately. Protective coatings of the lapis lazuli gemstones are easily eliminated so keep away from immersing it in water. The cleansing procedures are the identical as that of turquoise.
3. Coral ? this can be a porous and natural gemstone. Don’t expose this gemstone in direct sunlight particularly for lengthy hours and also you must also keep away from large temperature variations. Merely wipe it with a moist clean cloth.
4. Pearl ? that is less sturdy as in comparison with different gemstones. Pearl is delicate to dryness, acids, and humidity. After using pearl jewelries, it’s important to wipe it as a result of they are simply discolored. You should have one pearl jewelry box. Don’t combine it with different more durable gemstones. If in case you have a cultured pearl, you possibly can wash it in soapy yet mild water. By no means dry the pearl in heat. Make sure you restring it every two years.
5. Larimar ? you possibly can keep this in a tissue or chamois bag, or in a separate box. Avoid direct contact with perfumes, hairsprays, and different chemicals. Coloration fading occurs when exposed to shiny sunlight. You can use a drop of ammonia and soapy water to scrub it; you can also soft brush to clean it.
6. Labradorite and Moonstone ? these stones are primarily stored in oils earlier than made into jewelries. Due to this, the gemstones don’t crack or dry out easily. Nonetheless, it’s easily scratched. Wipe it with smooth and damp material and never use ultrasonic cleaners or jewelry dips.
7. Onyx and Chalcedony ? avoid contact with harsh chemicals. Chipping and scratching could be avoided if the jewellery has a separate container. Use a smooth brush and soapy water to wash it. Rinse the gem stones well.
8. Rose Quartz ? keep away from extended solar publicity to stop shade fading. Don?t soak the gemstone and you’ll clear it utilizing soapy water and comfortable brush. Never steam clear the gemstone and rinse it well.
9. Topaz ? this can be a very sturdy stone and doesn’t easily chip nor scratch. Avoid too much heat and chemical exposure. Don’t use ultrasonic cleaners, steam clean, nor soak. Use smooth brush and soapy water to wash the gemstone.
10. Garnet ? this gemstone is brittle. Keep away from chemicals. Ultrasonic cleaners cannot be used with an andradite but all other garnets will be cleaned with it. Don’t soak.
11. Peridot ? keep away from too much warmth exposure, harsh chemical substances, and excessive temperature changes. Use mushy brush and soapy water to scrub it and then rinse thoroughly. Don’t use ultrasonic cleaners nor steam clean.
The list of gem stones in this article are considered semi precious. These stones are less expensive as compared to the precious stones however still needs extreme and correct care. Gemstone jewelries are nice investments and even the traditional people believed that the stones deliver good luck. So in case you have several totally different pieces of gemstones, you should definitely get a jewelry field with totally different compartments with the intention to place the gems in separate bins.